Life is a Journey

I have come to this page many times. Over and over again I've tried to write a post, any post for that matter. But...I never get more than a few sentences in. I have no motivation. Writing used to be such a big part of my life, but lately I haven't done anything of the sort. Me writing hasn't stopped entirely, it just takes different forms now. In my journaling and in my art and in some social media posts. But certainly I haven't been writing as much as I once was. It was bothering me so much for so long. Then I realized that life consists of changes. There are many different stages of life that we walk through. Maybe I should worry less about not doing something and more on what do I need to be doing right here and now.

What should I being doing right now? I'm not entirely sure. I know that I always have the desire to DO something. To make a difference. To have an impact. To change people's lives. One of my biggest fears is living my life without ever doing anything meaningful. I don't want to waste the life that God has given me. But in the hurry to reach that undefinable "something," I find myself missing out on the life that is unfolding around me. Not just that, but I'm missing out on my own life. I'm not enjoying the journey. I am not happy with where I am right now.

There will always be goals to strive towards. There will always be something to run after. Those goals, those things aren't everything. More than half of it is the journey that it takes to get there. The experiences that one has. The growth that happens. The things that on learns.  The hard work that is put in. All the tears, the laughs that happen. The relationships that are made. All these things make up a huge part of doing something or reaching a goal. None of these things should be considered meaningless. They all play a part in making you who you are.

Time is constantly moving. It never stops. Not for you. Not for anyone. Time is always moving forward. But this doesn't mean that we should rush towards the goals or that "something." No. We should realize that life is going to move forward whether we want it to or not. So what's the rush? It is all happening on God's time. There's definitely the urge to move, that's a good thing, but we certainly don't have to rush. Be present where you are. That's something I'm trying hard to learn.

So much has been happening in my life lately. Some big changes are possibly coming up if everything goes smoothly. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I think I'm making the right decisions, but who will really know? I don't know the future. The idea scares me. Lately, I feel like I have more questions than answers. It is frustrating sometimes. But even that is progress. You have to have questions in order to be able to answer them. You can't have answers without questions. I'm going to continue to move forward, forward in the belief that God is in control. The best thing that I can do is take things one step at a time and be present where I am. Life is a journey. There will be good times. There will be bad times. But such is life. That shouldn't stop one from enjoying it when possible and living to the fullest.

G. Paige

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I so feel this. The future is so scary, but I'm so grateful that He's the one in control. <3

    I hope that you're absolutely thriving, sweet friend. Love you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg. just seeing this now. thank you for the encouragement. it really means a lot. i love you!

      Delete
  2. Hey girl, just want you to know that you always bring joy into my life. Weather it's your fangirling manga reviews on goodreads, your soul-searching blogposts, or just the thought of the times I've chatted with you around the internet. You make me happy, so it makes me sad to see you're having a hard time. I'd love to hear more about what's up in your life so I can pray for you better. Keep going, keep growing, keep shining the light and never give up. Remember to be still and know that He is God and may all you do be done in love. <3 I love how even when you're having a hard time, the end of your posts are always upbeat. You're going forward, and we're cheering you on and walking the same road with you. :)

    Also, don't worry about the writing. When I met you I was a huge writer and you weren't really. Then I got out of writing for like two years just as you got into it. Now I've been writing again for awhile. The gifts you've been given don't disappear, but there is a time and a place for them, and a reason for the times we're not writing. If you want it to, and if it's one of the many gifts God has given you, a season of writing will show up again. :)

    Also, also, I think everyone our age is struggling with something like this right now. We're stuck on the brink of adulthood, we're not sure where we should be going, and most of us are frustrated in one way or for one reason or another. So it's nice to see we're not alone. But I also think we all need to calm down. Life is beautiful and we're young and we need to remember to have fun and enjoy the life we have right now because it's not always going to be this way and it's a special gift in itself. Things are going to change, weather we think they will or not, so we should keep enjoying life where we are and seek God in the here and now. And in the changes and the same-old. Because where we are is usually EXACTLY where God wants us to be. There's things to do in every season.
    (...I think that paragraph was more for my benefit than yours but I'll post it anyway.)

    I love your closing statements in this post.
    You're right. I love this post! Life IS a journey. I guess we're both saying the same things. Life is a journey. Let's enjoy every step--even the ones in the hard rocks and mud. Fairest of travels to you, dear friend.
    -Rebekah Stargazer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that was long, I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rebekah, nothing is too long. i needed to hear all of that. you really have touched my heart. i think i'm going to cry now. i don't have the words to express how much this means to me. seriously, i really mean it. you've made my day. i'm so thankful to have someone like you in my life. <3

      Delete
    2. I don't even know what to say. So I'll settle for wow. God is seriously awesome, because I almost didn't post that comment and apparently I needed too.
      <3

      Delete

Moving to a New Blog

I love this blog. I really do. I've put a lot of my heart into this blog. But, I've been wanting something a little more professiona...