Thankfulness Thursday

November.

A month of Thanksgiving.

So much has happened since I last wrote.

I don't remember a year where things were constantly changing so much. I love change. I really and honestly do. But there's change that makes me feel so much joy and excited inside and then there's change that is sad and painful. Things are constantly changing. None of us have a chance of stopping it. It is just the way that the world works. We just have to constantly readjust to the change.

There's been a lot of both lately. Last week, I left Michigan. Long before the sun began to rise, my two roommates drove me to the airport. There were heartfelt goodbyes to be had. The three of us had lived out our lives together for more than four and a half months. We had become close. Really close. I left them Wednesday and have been holding back tears ever since.

The night before I left, we were all seated around the table. It was quiet, each of us lost in our thoughts. Somber ones at that. It was at that moment that one of my roommates suggested each of us going around and telling our favorite memory of the others. As we went around, I realized just how much I have to be thankful for. Leaving them was one of the hardest things that I've done. Truly. But I wouldn't have missed going to Michigan for the world. The skills I acquired there. The relationships that I developed. Even though it made it so much harder to leave, it was still so worth it to go.

I've had the opportunity to travel a lot. Traveling is something that I've come to absolutely love. I can't even imagine a life where I lived in the same area for more than a few years. It's hard to just think about. One of the hardships of moving around is all the people I leave behind. I've said more goodbyes than I care to count. But the world is small. I have friends in many different places so there's a good chance that we'll meet again.

This gives me hope. But even if I don't see them again, I still find worth in investing in those relationships. Relationships are so important. Whether it's long distance or close, invest time in people. Things are constantly changing in this day and age. But relationships are constant. The relationship itself may morph and change over the years, but it is still there. You can move away and still keep in touch.

I am so thankful for the relationships that I have. I wouldn't change any of them. They mean more to me than anything. Things fade and pass away, but the people, the people stay.

G Paige


This post is a part of Grace's blog link-up Thankfulness Thursday.
Click the link and check her blog out!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's really uplifting to hear.

      Delete
  2. oh, my heart. this post gets me every time, gabi. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh! <3 Thank you! It's inspiring to hear such words from you.

      Delete

Moving to a New Blog

I love this blog. I really do. I've put a lot of my heart into this blog. But, I've been wanting something a little more professiona...